Teaching for EiA
Fixed‐term contracts overseas
English in Action regularly employs qualified EFL teachers on short, fixed‐term contracts:
- You will be an enthusiastic and imaginative EFL‐qualified teacher, with a commitment to communicative language
teaching methodology. You will be sociable, enjoy meeting people and working in exciting new environments.
- The length of available contracts vary from 1 week to 2 months according to time of year and demand for courses.
- EiA will cover flights, weekly pay, cash subsistence allowance, in‐country travel, plus accommodation in a local guest house or hotel on a bed and breakfast basis
- Effective preparation of course delivery, as outlined in supplied course materials and guidance.
- Delivery of up to 30 hours per week of activity based courses using English in Action methodology.
- Liaison with other members of your teaching team and, where appropriate, with local class teachers, to ensure the delivery of effective learning.
- Attending meetings with Senior Teachers, Directors of Study and local teachers, as required.
- Organisation, facilitation and supervision of student project work.
- Helping students with preparation of an end of course show or presentation, if required.
- Signing and issuing of end‐of‐course certificates to participating students.
- Monitoring student progress towards realisation of relevant course ‘can do’ outcomes.
- Providing feedback to Senior Teachers, Directors of Study and Head Office on all relevant aspects of course delivery, both ongoing and post course.
How to Apply
Please e‐mail a completed Teacher Information Form to: email@example.com
Teacher Info Form
Teachers must be:
- Educated to degree level
- Trinity College or RSA/Cambridge EFL Certificate or PGCE /BEd with a relevant subject specialism
Teachers will be:
- Highly organised, well‐prepared and reliable
- Able to work cooperatively and productively as part of a team
- Lively and enthusiastic and able to engage with students of all ages
- Culturally aware with a good understanding & awareness
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have excellent classroom management skills
- Able to travel independently
Additional Information for Applicants
Applications are particularly welcome from teachers with experience in the following areas:
- Young Learners
- Business English
- Exam Preparation
We are a UK Education Company with 20 year of successful experience in delivering short 1 to 8 week intensive communicative English courses in schools and centres around the world.We deliver courses to 14,000 students at more than 400 schools in over 20 countries every year.
Pay and Subsistence
Payment will vary according to the country in which the course will be held. New teachers will usually be offered initial contracts in Zone 1 (Austria, Italy, Spain, Slovenia, Croatia, Germany & Czech Republic) Payments are divided into three elements: your salary (plus any holiday entitlement), your in‐country subsistence and allowances (where applicable).
WEEKLY SALARY is payable in the UK in pounds sterling. Holiday pay is also made in the same way. Both amounts are subject to UK Tax and National Insurance, and shall be paid weekly into you UK bank account, in arrears, on the Thursday following the week worked.
LIVING SUBSISTENCE is payable in local currency and is set at a level acceptable to the tax authorities to cover additional living expenses that will be incurred whilst living and working away from home, and as such is paid without any tax being deducted. However, if for any reason you are in doubt as to your personal tax situation, you are strongly advised to check with your tax office. The first week’s allowance is paid on departure from UK/arrival at destination and subsequent payments are made weekly, during the week worked.
ALL OTHER ALLOWANCES, where applicable, are paid with the subsistence payments. Each week you will be issued with a schedule giving a breakdown of all applicable payments for that week. This schedule will be issued to you along with your subsistence payment and allowances for the relevant week. You are urged to keep this for your own reference.