This course is a great way to combine a week of English with the opportunity to learn more about modern Britain.
Sample ‘can do’ statements
- I can identify typical British behaviour
- I can go shopping for clothes
- I can share my opinions with others
- I can talk about major British sporting events
- I can talk about British society, colonialism and multiculturalism
- I can give information about different cities in Britain
Why choose this course?
This course is ideal for learners who want a week of communicative language practice, but with a strong cultural element. It is also a great option for intermediate level classes who may already have taken a general English course, but would like a week that incorporates a range of different topics and content.
Learning activities include:
- Class mingling activities
- Matching games
- Rank-ordering activities
- Q and A games
- Board races
- Role plays
- Jigsaw readings
- Creative design sessions
- Dialogue writing and acting
CORE WORKBOOK LESSONS
- Understanding Britain
- Shopping With Style
- Come Dine With Me
- Iconic Britain
- If Britain Were A Village
- Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- School's In
- What's On?
- Music Festivals
- The Royal Family
- What is a Briton?
- Beyond London
GENERAL ENGLISH COURSES – WEEKLY PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
|Lesson 1||Understanding Britain||Iconic Britain||School's In||The Royal Family||Revision activities
End of course games
|Lesson 2||Shopping With Style||If Britain Were A Village||What's On?||What is a Briton?|
|Lesson 3||Come Dine With Me||Keep Your Eye on the Ball||Music Festivals||Beyond London|
|Lesson 4||Tailored lessons||Project completion|
|Lesson 5||Project groups and topic choices||Initial project preparation||Ongoing work on projects||Ongoing work on projects||Afternoon show performance or preparation for evening performance|
|Lesson 6||Preparation and rehearsals for end of course show or presentation|