This course is for students who have been learning English for four years or more. They will be able to communicate with confidence and fluency on most familiar and unfamiliar topics. They can express themselves fluently in spontaneous exchanges. They will be able to use appropriate styles of English in social, academic and professional situations. The learners are developing confidence in using organizational language structures in longer interchanges and presentations.
Sample ‘can do’ statements
- I can collaborate in writing creative dialogues.
- I can work in a team in problem-solving scenario.
- I can collaborate to write and perform a film scene.
- I can work in a group to develop and a market eco-tourism holiday.
- I can summarise arguments and debate a topical issue.
- I can create and perform a poem.
- I can express decisions relating to financial markets.
Why choose this course?
At this advanced level learners will be fluent and flexible in their use of English as well as being able to recognise implied meanings. This is an ideal course for students who want to hone their English skills through exploring subtleties of style and content, implications and inference. It will also help students develop aspects of textual coherence and cohesion, using organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices in their spoken and written English.
Learning activities include:
- Group problem-solving scenarios
- Developing and performing film script in teams
- Discussion and debates
- Analysing and describing a song and lyric writing
- Service development and marketing
- Preparing and present a fashion show
- Creating and performing a poem
CORE WORKBOOK LESSONS
- C-ing is Believing
- But is it art?
- The Director’s Cut
- Ten things to do…
- Transforming Text
- Courtroom Drama
- Music Review (Big John)
- Hot off the Catwalk
- Celebrities: Help or Hindrance?
- Poetry Review
- City Focus
GENERAL ENGLISH COURSES – WEEKLY PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
|Lesson 1||Icebreaking Activities||Ten things to do||Music Review||Celebrity – help or hindrance||Revision activities
End of course games
|Lesson 2||C-ing is believing||Transforming Text||Eco-tourism||Poetry review|
|Lesson 3||But is it art?||Courtroom Drama||Hot off the catwalk||City Focus|
|Lesson 4||The Director’s Cut||Tailored lessons||Project completion|
|Lesson 5||Project groups and topic choices||Initial project preparation||Ongoing work on projects||Ongoing work on projects||Afternoon show performance or preparation for evening performance|
|Lesson 6||Preparation and rehearsals for end of course show or presentation|