This course is suitable for children in their 4th or 5th year of primary English who are able to talk about a range of topics taken from daily life and the wider world.
In addition to lessons describing clothes and appearance, there is an in-depth look at issues concerning food and healthy eating, along with a range of other age-targeted subjects such as sport and the solar system.
At this level, the children will be asked to use their language in slightly more complex ways. Not only will they be giving descriptions, but they will also be using their English to agree and disagree and to give reasons for opinions.
Rangers 1 can be taught side-by-side with Rangers 2 on a two-week course.
‘Can Do’ Statements
- I can introduce and talk about myself
- I can describe someone’s appearance
- I can describe and compare different types of food
- I can read and order things from a menu
- I can act out a restaurant dialogue in English
- I can shop for food
- I can describe houses and name items of furniture
- I can agree or disagree with someone
- I can give reasons for my opinions
- I can describe what people are wearing
- I can describe different types of sports and activities
- I can name different countries
- I can use ordinal numbers up to twenty to place things in order
- I can name and compare planets in the solar system
- Talking about things you like
- Describing people’s appearance
- Talking about food and healthy eating
- Ordering a meal in a restaurant
- Shopping for food using British money
- Talking about your house
- Discussing mobile phones in school
- Clothes, colour and fashion
- Sports and the Olympics Games
- Talking about the solar system