This course is for students who have been learning English for two years or more. At this stage in their learning, students are starting to use English in a more abstract way.
Sample ‘can do’ statements
- I can make notes while talking on the phone.
- I can conduct a survey about eating and drinking habits.
- I can make complaints and suggest solutions.
- I can discuss options and help make a group decision.
- I can talk about British sports and what makes a good player.
Why choose this course?
This course gives learners the opportunity and freedom to apply their language skills in new and exciting ways. There is a strong focus on British culture and the course provides a wide range of activities that encourage learners to experiment and become more creative in their English use.
learning activities include:
- Information exchanges
- Conversation activities
- Running dictations
- Flashcard games
- Short sketches
- Group problem solving scenarios
CORE WORKBOOK LESSONS
- Destination UK
- Let’s Take the Underground
- As You Like It: The Seven Ages of Man
- Would you eat it?
- Dream Team
- Angel of the North & Other Places
- Brighton Rocks!
- What should we do now?
- Today I Met…
- Shetland Island Discs
GENERAL ENGLISH COURSES – WEEKLY PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
|Lesson 1||Icebreaking Activities||Nessie||Dream Team||What should
we do now?
End of course games
|Lesson 2||Hello!||As You Like It||Angel of the North
& other places
|Today I met…|
|Lesson 3||Destination UK||Would You Eat It?||Brighton Rocks!||Shetland Island
|Lesson 4||Let’s take
|Tailored lessons||Project completion|
|Lesson 5||Project groups and topic choices||Initial project preparation||Ongoing work on projects||Ongoing work on projects||Afternoon show performance or preparation for evening performance|
|Lesson 6||Preparation and rehearsals for end of course show or presentation|