This course is for students who have been learning English for two years or more. At this stage in their learning, students are starting to become more confident and fluent using English to talk about concrete issues as well as being able to express more abstract concepts. Learners are beginning to understand more subtle and nuanced expression.
Sample ‘can do’ statements
- I can give opinions about an imaginary situation.
- I can describe my school and town to a visitor.
- I can use natural English phrases to talk about travel and holidays.
- I can speak about things that haven’t happened or are unlikely to happen.
- I can speculate about what I think something might be.
- I can describe feelings and tell a story colourfully.
Why choose this course?
This course gives learners the opportunity and freedom to practice applying their language skills in interactive and dynamic group activities. The course focuses on the development of fluency in conjunction with target language that aims to encourage students to experiment and become more creative in their expressions in English.
Learning activities include:
- Pyramid discussions
- Informal presentations
- Mini sketches
- Conversation mingles
- Running dictations
- Narrating stories
- Picture puzzles speculation activities
- Simulation tasks
- Board races
- Quiz design and participation
- Card prompt speaking games
CORE WORKBOOK LESSONS
- What Would You Be?
- My School, My Town
- Luxury Holiday
- Pet Hates
- What If…?
- Mission Impossible
- Puzzles & Mysteries
- Baggy Trousers
- Flying High
- Fascinating Facts Quiz
GENERAL ENGLISH COURSES – WEEKLY PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
|Lesson 1||Icebreaking Activities||Pet Hates||Puzzles & Mysteries||Flying High||
End of course games
|Lesson 2||What would you be?||What if…?||Beware!||Phew!|
|Lesson 3||My School, My Town||Mission Impossible||Baggy Trousers||Fascinating Facts Quiz|
|Lesson 4||Luxury Holiday||Tailored lessons||Project completion|
|Lesson 5||Project groups and topic choices||Initial project preparation||Ongoing work on projects||Ongoing work on projects||Afternoon show performance or preparation for evening performance|
|Lesson 6||Preparation and rehearsals for end of course show or presentation|