This course gives children a chance to talk about their world and is suitable for learners who can use and respond to a variety of simple functional language in English.
The children will learn to speak about their school and their free time; they will also learn some simple shop dialogues, practise writing party invitations, learn how to describe films using simple adjectives, and talk about zoos and circuses.
In addition to their speaking and learning practice, they will also do a range of fun writing activities and word games in their workbook.
Trekkers 2 can stand alone for a one-week course or be taught side-by-side with Trekkers 1 on a two-week course.
‘Can Do’ Statements
- I can talk about things I like
- I can find out what other people like by carrying out a survey
- I can talk about my school day
- I can describe what I pack in my school bag
- I can plan and describe what I will do at the weekend
- I can act out a simple shop dialogue
- I can talk about parties, and write and reply to an invitation
- I can write a gift tag and a birthday or thank-you card
- I can talk about picnics and things in a park
- I can say and write information about films
- I can use simple adjectives to describe my favourite film
- I can describe some zoo animals and what they can do
- I can talk about things you see at a circus
- I can compare things to each other using simple similes
- Talking about things you like/dislike
- Talking about school life
- Talking about the weekend
- Shopping for toys
- Talking about birthday parties
- Talking about picnics and playgrounds
- Talking about different types of film
- Talking about zoo animals
- Talking about the circus
- Describing animals