About our virtual courses
Virtual EIA is a set of online courses we have designed as a stimulating alternative to our regular in-school project weeks. The syllabus for each is based around core language content and skills for students at the following levels:View Prices & Package Options
What students can expect
- Speaking Activities designed specifically for the ‘screen-to-screen’ online learning environment, including question and response games, creative dictations, story-building, guessing games and role-playing.
- Interactive Learning using Zoom’s powerful screen-sharing and annotation tools, including image mark-up activities, video-clip memory challenges and ‘finding your way’ activities on Google maps.
- Virtual Whiteboard Activities such as shared mind-mapping and brainstorming, collaborative drawing activities and snap surveys using ‘stamp tool’ responses.
- Animated PowerPoint Resources including ‘Jeopardy’ and ‘Blockbusters’ style quizzes, image-reveal guessing games and ‘click and reveal’ words and phrases.
- Daily Challenges to tap into students’ creativity: design your own coat of arms; create a fashion makeover for a chosen celebrity; research and present your vision of the future.
- Fun Friday – see below.
- Quizlet Revision Flashcards are made available to all students, so they can revise and review key vocabulary during the courses and after they have finished.
Students can expect to be taught by one of our qualified and experienced team of teachers. We have designed each course so that students get the very best online learning experience. The courses feature:
How it worksStudents will require access to a laptop or desktop computer with a microphone and a headset or earbuds, plus a stable internet connection. If students don’t have access to suitable devices then we may be able to deliver the sessions using an interactive board or similar device positioned at the front of the room. Please contact us and we can agree the best approach for your situation.
Study in school or from home
This course can be organised in school or, in situations where students are unable to come into school, they can enrol and log-on from home. If the students are in school, students should be provided with supervised space while they are working on their challenges. Students working from home will be provided with a version of the challenge they can work on as individuals.
All Virtual EiA weeks are flexible and we can accomodate your needs. Please get in touch to discuss your needs.View Prices & Package Options