This course is for students who have been learning English for a year or more. At this stage in their learning, students are starting to move beyond naming common objects and actions and the world of their immediate environment.
Sample ‘can do’ statements
- I can talk about things I did in the past.
- I can describe what people are like.
- I can follow directions using a map.
- I can compare things in different ways.
- I can retell a story and make it more interesting.
- I can negotiate deals to buy, sell or exchange things I need.
Why choose this course?
The course develops fluency by applying existing vocabulary to practical tasks and problems. Learners will practice asking questions and talking about themselves, in various simple tenses, and will have the opportunity to build their confidence through lively games and activities. They will see how it is possible at this level to have an interesting conversation with an English speaker and will be encouraged to continue improving their level of fluency.
Not sure which course is right for you?
We have produced a free lesson plan that you can download to use with your students to allow you to check that this course is both age and level appropriate. This is a fantastic opportunity to see how EiA works. Our aim is to help you find the perfect course for your students.