We take our duty of care to our staff and students extremely seriously. In the current situation, our number one priority is safety. For your reassurance, our policy is outlined below along with examples of the practical steps we have put in place.
1. Assess the risk
We have carried out a generic risk assessment to identify the practical steps we need to take to minimise any risk from the disease.
2. Issue guidance to keep everybody safe
Teaching staff have been provided with comprehensive guidance on how to travel safely to their destination, and on dealing with social encounters before reaching your school. We are also keeping members of our team out in-country between contracts, minimising the need for them to travel, especially across international borders.
Brief the team
Teachers have been comprehensively briefed on the relevant rules and regulations prior to delivering courses, plus procedures in the event of anyone displaying symptoms.
Adhere to guidelines
We always comply with the relevant national and local regulations that are in place when the course is delivered. This may vary from country to country but includes any restrictions on class sizes and any social distancing measures required.
Communicate with you
We liaise closely with every school to ensure that all school rules and procedures are followed, including following one-way systems through the school, appropriate classroom set-ups, and the use of class ‘bubbles’; plus enforcing regular hand-washing and use of disinfectant gels and wipes, regular ventilation of classrooms and, if required, use of masks.
3. Implement Changes
- Until further notice, our team have been asked to avoid using indoor communal spaces within the school building whenever possible.
- If necessary, or should you require, we will go one step further and arrange for our teachers to limit contact to their own class bubble instead of sharing groups. Under normal conditions teachers often share groups and alternate between classes. This can be avoided upon request so that contact is limited to one teacher per class/bubble.
How you can play your part
- We will need to be made aware of any specific policies that the school has implemented so our teachers can be briefed in advance. We will call you in advance to agree on the details of your course so please let us know at this stage what will be expected of our team.
- It is helpful to know in advance of any 'track & trace' systems in place in your school. Our teachers will need to know how to register and be alerted if they have been in contact with someone who subsequently tests positive for Covid-19 in the 14 days after your course has ended. If you don't have an official system in place then you must alert us if any member of the school, who is likely to have been in contact with any member of our team, tests positive for Covid-19.
- We may ask you to make copies of some of our materials for use during lessons. This will allow our team to minimise their contact with other teachers.
If you have any queries, or would like more detailed information, please feel free to get in contact and we will be happy to help.